Today is my after holidays, return to normalcy day. I've marked pages in my new Paleo Cookbooks but I haven't had time to go to the store (made time). So in my quest for a grain/sugar/legume free day I had to get creative at dinner time.
I did what I normally do...pull everything in my fridge out and go to work. Well that would be:
- Carrots
- Sundried tomatoes
- Chicken
- Chicken Broth
- Ham
- Goat Cheese
- Garlic
(Now that I've used these items the fridge is empty).
I really had no idea what I was going to do so I just got started.
I cut up the carrots, peeled the garlic and defrosted the chicken. I browned the chicken in the olive oil and garlic with salt and pepper. I failed miserably and fried the garlic. Oh well!!!
After that I added a little basil, oregano and thyme...why? I'm really not sure. Just grabbed a few out of the cupboard. Also the carrots, sun dried tomatoes and chicken broth.
I put a lid on it and simmered it for 15 mins (a little too long). At the end, I mixed the juice with a little bit of coconut flour to thicken. (Another experiment, not sure if it really added anything to the dish.) I put a half a slice of ham and dollop of goat cheese on top of the chicken. After, I put the lid back on and let it warm up.
and Voila! Carrots with Chicken something or another.
No comments:
Post a Comment